Small round shrub with arched branches. The leaves are largely lined with yellow. Light pink flowers all summer. Height 1m.
Abelia x grandiflora 'Francis Mason'
Trees and shrubs
Zone 8: from -12°C to -7°C
Couleur de feuille
Couleur de fleur
- Sheltered winds
100 to 150cm
50 to 100cm
- In spring
Utilisation au jardin
- Pot and tray (terrace and balcony)
- ORIGIN: Obtaining by Mason nurseries in the 50's, New Zealand.
- CLIMATE: Resistant to -10 ° C.
- EXPOSURE: Full sun to protect from cold winds.
- SOIL: Dry and light.
- MULTIPLICATION: By stemming of woody stem.
- PRUNING: consists of removing the older branches, which will increase the flowering.
- USE: Boarder or in pot.
- SYNONYMOUS: Abelia x grandiflora 'Variegata'.
- DIMENSIONS: Height of 80cm sometimes more 1m to 2m.
- HABIT: Bush with arched branches.
- bark: Young twigs are yellow copper.
- SHAPE: Simple, whole, oval, opposite.
- COLOR: Dark green margined with yellow, sometimes entirely yellow. Moderately stable variety which tends to revert.
- NOTE: Evergreen to mid-evergreen.
- TIME: July-September.
- SHAPe: Tubular.
- ColOr: Blanche-rose.